Lets cut straight to the chase… pregnancy cravings are like no other cravings I have ever had before. It’s not like your normal food pull, it’s a can’t think, can’t sleep, can’t do anything until you eat it. Luckily I haven’t had too weird ones so far- but there’s still time.
Let’s re-cap. So far the past 6 months I’ve had a real hankering for:
- Bacon cheese burgers- that lasted about 2 weeks;
- Salted ruffle chips- that lasted a week or so;
- Toasted bagels with butter- that lasted those first few months;
- Mandarine oranges every day all day for the month of December;
- Cucumber avocado sushi-that lasted for quite a few months;
- Chickpeas- plain with a little salt, in salad, mashed with avocado, in pasta…;
- Boom chica pop- Still in regular rotation;
- Post dinner dark chocolate squares;
- Amy’s gluten free, vegan bean and rice burrito’s- literally every day for about a month; and finally
- Green smoothies- kale, banana, cinnamon, hemp hearts, chia seeds, nut butter and almond milk- So good!;
- Eggs and Bacon- so many eggs on toast with crispy bacon!
I’m still deep deep in the eggs and bacon phase so tonights dinner needed a little bit of both! The man friend couldn’t tolerate another breakfast for dinner so I had to get creative…
Dairy free Pasta Carbonara
1 small-medium onion diced
2 cloves of garlic smashed but kept whole
4 slices of bacon chopped up
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 whole eggs and 1 egg yoke whisked with salt and pepper
1 package of brown rice pasta
Salt and Pepper to taste
Put a big pot of water on the stove and bring to boil- add pasta.
While pasta is cooking, fry up the onions, bacon and garlic together until crispy- throw out the garlic cloves.
Once the pasta is cooked toss in the bacon onion mixture and then stir in the whisked egg mixture. Stir rapidly until noodles are coated. Add in chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste and you’re done! So easy, so delicious!!
I love that it has a creamy decadent feel to it without using cream, butter and cheese- bonus!
We are not doing dairy in our house at the moment, but if you’re not against a little dairy some shredded parm would be a really yummy addition to this meal.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did 🙂
Now i’m off to enjoy my post dinner dark chocolate treatie. Have a great night!